To Download Software:
Step 1] Call BlueView Security at 760.929.9596 or Click the Request Download button to create a support ticket. This ticket will allow you to “Request Login Credentials” required to download the software.
Step 3] Unzip the downloaded file and double click on BlueView_v18.2.xxxx.xxxxx.exe to start installation.
Step 4] Refer to the BlueView18ReadMe file [included in the installation package] for more information about installation and links to additional software downloads.
IMPORTANT – Additional Software Downloads:
- Before running BlueView, Microsoft SQL Server must be installed.
- Microsoft provides a free edition called Express which is available here at this link:
SQL Server 2017 Express
(Choose Download Now to begin the download, then double-click on the downloaded file-
SQLServer2017-SSEI-Expr.exe-to run the installer.)
BlueView 18 supports SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2017.
SQL Server Installation Notes:
- On the “Select an Installation Type” screen, choose Custom.
- On “SQL Server Installation Center” screen, choose New SQL Server stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation.
- On most of the screens in the install wizard, you can just click Next to use the default settings,
- On the “Database Engine Configuration” screen, on the “Server Configuration” tab choose Mixed Mode[SQL Server authentication and Windows authentication]. Set a strong password for the built-in SQL Server system administrator account. Be sure to make a note of the password you set for future reference.
- On the same screen, under “Specify SQL Server administrators”, click ADD Current User to make sure that the current Windows login is added as a SQL Administrator [this should happen by default].
- SQL Server installation has completed when you see the “Complete” screen with the message Your SQL Server 2017 installation completed successfully.
- A helpful tool for configuring NetGen controllers is the Lantronix Device Installer. It is available here at this link:
Lantronix Device Installer – Home Page
Legacy BlueView Downloads:
While we recommend all users upgrade to Blueview 18, legacy users may download the last released version that their current license allows. Click the Request Download button above, and a support representative will send you a download link.
If you have trouble logging in:
Some users have reported problems logging into the site with the username and password. Please make sure your computer’s operating system has also the latest patches and is up to date. You might all try another web browser.
For Microsoft Windows users, access this link to check your computer for latest Microsoft patches: